Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lesson using Technology

I think that I would use the a digital story board to help teach the students how to sort and classify objects using more than one attribute. I could do this by giving the students different objects that they will need to sort. Then I would help them come up with the different categories that the objects could go into. We would work together to write a story about each object and how we know that it relates to another one and therefore it must go into the same category or how they are different and must go into different categories. This story could be a true one that happened in my own life. For example, it could be objects in my room and how I organized them within my room. After the students and I have finish writing a story about where all the objects should go and how we know they are in the right stop, then we would draw pictures of the objects. These pictures could be the ones that we could use in the digital story board. Each student could then do a similar story of their own about all the objects in their room and how they would sort and classify the objects into categories that were similar with others.

1 comment: