Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Technology Inventory

Currently, I am participating in my first cohort experience. The school that I am at is called East Meadows in the Nebo District in Spanish Fork. I am in a 3rd grade classroom where I am proud to say that technology is used often. In the few days that I have been in the classroom, I have been able to discover many ways that technology is used within a classroom and what all is available in the school.

The school provides all the classrooms with an audio enhancement so that the teachers do not have to worry about students being able to hear them. This is a great device that I believe should be in every elementary classroom. Also, the school has two computer labs that have over 30 computers each were the students can go as a class to review or study any subject. These computer labs are available to all classes as long as they are signed up for in enough time. Additionally, the upper grades have a few computers in their classrooms. The school is planning to put in another computer lab just for the sixth grade so that the other ones will be more available. The children go to the computer labs a few times a we to help them on many of the topics that they are learning. In addition to the computers, this school also has VCR and DVD, document cameras, digital cameras, and video cameras that came be checked out. Lastly, there is one smartboard that is shared in the school.

I was shocked to see how much technology was available but extremely happy to see that the teachers take advantage of the technology in most of their lessons. My school, East Meadows Elementary School, is a new school that place a great portion of their budget on technological advances.

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous that your school is so tech savvy! You're lucky to have resources such as those to work with.

    ReplyDelete